Think you know Hyacinth and KUA as well as one of the show’s most recent self-confessed fan? If so, it’s time to test your knowledge of one of the most loved British comedy characters of all time, Hyacinth Bucket (It’s Bouquet…..). Answer the 20 questions below and E-MAIL your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because 21st century trivia quizzes fall victim to iPhones, Blackberrys and the internet, in general, all entries with the most correct answers will be placed in a drawing for an autographed photo of Patricia Routledge. If interested, let me know and we’ll do this once a month for some “absolutely fabulous” prizes.
1. What street do Richard and Hyacinth live on?
2. Daisy and Onslow have both a daughter and a grandaughter. What are their names?
3. What is the postman’s first name (mentioned only once in the series)?
4. What does the “FH” on Onslow’s hat stand for?
5. What is the name of the Chinese take-away that people are always mistakenly calling for on Hyacinth’s slimline telephone?
6. Invitations to Hyacinth’s candlelight suppers always measure the same? What are the measurements?
7. What is Richard and Hyacinth son’s name? What’s his friends name?
8. Hyacinth tries in vain to get Richard a new job with a frozen food company. What is the name of the company?
9. What was Emmet wearing when Hyacinth first saw him at next door neighbor, Elizabeth’s house?
10. What did Hyacinth buy Richard for his birthday?
11. What is the distinguishing pattern on Hyacinth’s Royal Doulton china?
12. What does Hyacinth ask each person that enters her house to do?
13. Emmet and Elizabeth are related. How?
14. Hyacinth’s new security system was installed. What date was chosen as the password?
15. Who was arrested for taking illicit video footage in the park?
16. Onslow and Daisy win a trip. What did they win?
17. What color did Hyacinth choose for her kitchen?
18. The writer of Keeping Up Appearances wrote two other major series for the BBC. What were they?
19. Josephine Tewson (Elizabeth) has a cousin that was also a famous British comedy star? Who?
20. Josephine Tewson (Elizabeth) was married, and divorced, to another famous British comedy star?
Don’t forget, e-mail your answers to email@example.com. Entries must be received by midnight, Monday, October 19, to be eligible for the drawing. Winner will be contacted via return e-mail. As Wayne Gretzky says, “You can’t score if you don’t shoot”.
In: Comedy,Odds & Sods