It’s not out of the ordinary that in difficult times you turn to The Doctor for advice. As Planet Earth seems particularly off its axis at the moment as the world is struggling to cope with the fallout of social distancing and varying degrees of a sheltering at home lockdown due to the COVID-19 coronavirus, leave it to The Doctor (aka, Jodie Whittaker) to calm our fears with some sage words of advice for us all.
— Doctor Who Official (@bbcdoctorwho) March 25, 2020
- “One – Remember, you will get through this and things will be alright, even if they look uncertain. Even if you’re worried, darkness never prevails”.
- “Two – Tell jokes, even bad ones. Especially bad ones. I am brilliant at bad ones!
- “Three – Be kind. Even kinder than you were yesterday. And I know you were super kind yesterday! Look out for each other. You won’t be the only one worried. Talking will help, sharing will help. Look out for your friends, your neighbours, people you hardly know. And family. Because in the end we’re all family.
- “Four – Listen to science. And listen to Doctors. Right? They’ve got your back.
- “Five – Stay strong, stay positive. You’ve got this. And I will see you very soon.”
Now, how can we NOT get through this and be all the better for it on the other side! Thanks, Doc, we will all get through this.
Doctor Who: Revolution comes to BBC One in late 2020/early 2021
In: Odds & Sods